one source talent reviews considerations in the creation of the process.
- How to equitably and reliably identify potential talent in students with different language abilities, body types, and learning styles.
- How to describe gifted behaviors in language that is understandable by experts and nonexperts.
- How to allow students to demonstrate creativity within the structure of the assessment.
- How to assess special populations including bilingual, learning disabled and emotionally disturbed students on equal footing with students in regular classrooms.
- How to train classroom teachers to recognize specific aspects of artistic ability as professional artists do.
- How to help peers develop pride and support for artistically talented students and minimize jealousy or resentment about special activities.
- How to encourage and educate parents to recognize the artistic talents of their children and actively support their arts training
- How to conduct appropriate arts assessment in schools given practical challenges including limited space, schedule conflicts, lack of teacher availability, and few available resources.